Sunday, January 25, 2009

Love Stories with a Jagged Edge

I've been having one of those days - you know, the kind where at the end of it, all you want to do is wrap yourself in blankets and be looked after by your kind and caring soulmate (all prince charmings welcome to apply :P). I think it's partially to do with the book I'm reading, a collection of "love stories with a jagged edge", written by Mary Westmacott, more famously known as Agatha Christie. The stories are very poignant and bitter sweet, very intense, and always very sad. The writing is rich and vivid, and oh-so-compelling, but somehow leaves me feeling very moody and blue. Things feel off-kilter whenever I finish one of her stories - the awkwardness and distress that the characters feel somehow manage to weave itselves into the fabric of my day, throwing off my interactions with other people.

Which makes a perfect foundation for a night of social interactions - i.e. a salsa night! Dancing is all about interactions - from the slight pressure that signals a lead into a move, to the interpretation of the pressure, to the actual execution of the move. Yeah. it was a 'good' night.

No comments: