Monday, February 2, 2009

Climbing the Wall

I was getting my shoes ready for dance class today when I heard some noises coming from the back door (we live on the ground floor). I walk out, only to see a couple trying to climb the grill outside my parents' bedroom - apparently they locked themselves out of their apartment on the 2nd floor, and were desperately trying to find a way back in. We have a stepstool ladder that reaches about five feet - which is great and all when you're storing luggage, but is way too short for climbing up a storey!

But the couple managed to use it anyway - the guy climbed the ladder, while the girl climbed the grill, and together, they somehow managed to boost the lady up onto the tiled roof where she pulled herself to her window.

After all that effort, I didn't know how to tell them that I could have gotten them the number for the local locksmith.

No comments: