Thursday, July 31, 2008

Getting that Shot

12 months ago, to start senior year in style, my dad gave me a Samsung NV10. It's a pretty amazing camera - it has fifty million megapixels, so my images are always pretty clear. It's relatively small and compact, though of course it doesn't compare to a Casio Exilim, and has really great manual features. The colors are easily adjustable for different environments, and they have great settings (macro, backlight, sunset, nighttime, to name a few). And I love the interface in the back - it takes a little while to get used to, but it's surprisingly intuitive.
Of course, it has its imperfections. The NV10 is pretty slow in terms of taking multiple pictures, which can be a little bit of a problem if you want to take action shots in succession. And it can get a little blurry if you're zooming in on something and don't have the steadiest hand. But ultimately, I've loved using this camera. I was thinking about getting a digital SLR a month or two ago, when my camera was accidentally dropped and broken. dSLRs start at about $700-800 (on the very low end) but are amazing in terms of options. But for the price and convenience - I think my little NV10 does the job almost as well :)

No comments: