Saturday, May 31, 2008

The Return of the Stormtroopers

This has rapidly become one of my favourite photos on the web: a face off between stormtroopers and some london policemen1. I actually miss Star Wars - I used to love the films (the original 4, 5, and 6)...but ever since the new three have come out, I find myself dreading re-watching the originals...I think its because I loved the romance and tension between Luke, Leia, and Hans Solo (though it gets a little weird when it is revealed that Luke and Leia are twins) and am slightly disappointed that, with the additions of the new trilogy, the originals become the chronicles of Darth Vader. I enjoyed the films a lot more when I thought the subject matter was a touching love story between two unlikely lovers and the coolness of Luke. Oh well. At the same time, I applaud Lucas' inventiveness with the new script, and loved that Natalie Portman was catapulted to fame with the trilogy. She can be counted on to deliver a gripping performance.

No comments: